Designing an Online Games Website for kids requires some consideration in order to make the website friendly to kids.
Below are some points that can help website designers:
1. Do not make it too educational – Remember it's a Game not Homework.
2. Keep the Layout and the games locations in the page with minimum changes as possible.
3. KISS-Keep it simple .., Try to make the layout simple to navigate for the kids without the help of their parents.
4. Do not pop-up Advertisement windows, The Kid will lose focus of your site, and the parents will not like it either, instead use ads as part of your page.
5. Try to use screen shots of the game, instead of just links.
6. Do not request payment for online games without your game is popular as Club Penguin or Disney.
7. Make sure the ads that are placed in your site are for kids and do not contain photos or text that are inappropriate for kids.
8. Try to make the site colorful and fun; it's not a business site.
9. For online games – create simple and fun games, not too complicated (at least for kids at ages 3 – 7).
10. Let the kid earn points or virtual coins as part of the game.
To summarize it: Designing an Online Games Website for kids requires some consideration in order to make the website friendly to kids.
This tips can help you build a website that is suitable to kids and parents and enable the kid to use it regularly.
For more info.